Ah, Canada, home of maple syrup, hockey, and the ever-popular CTV! CTV has been entertaining Canadians for free for decades with its mix of dramatic series and comedy. However, annoying geo-restrictions sometimes make it challenging to enjoy CTV’s excellent shows if you’re a Canadian traveling and trying to tune in. This article explains how to watch CTV from anywhere using a VPN!
Famous Canadian sitcoms, including Transplant, Corner Gas, and Carter, have helped make CTV the most significant private network in the country. This channel’s globally popular shows are unavailable to viewers outside Canada without a VPN.
Nevertheless, you can bypass geo-restrictions and watch your favorite CTV movies and shows from anywhere by getting a Canadian IP address. To top it all off, it will keep your personal information safe and secure when using the internet.
Quick Steps: How to Watch CTV from Anywhere
Follow these simple steps to watch CTV from Anywhere
Download a reliable VPN [we recommend ExpressVPN OR NordVPN as it provides exceptional streaming experience globally]
Download and install ExpressVPN app!
Connect to a server in the Canada
Login to CTV
Enjoy watching your favorite content on CTV
Why Is CTV Not Available Outside Canada?
Like other video-streaming services, CTV limits access based on a user’s location. For this reason, CTV cannot be accessed from anywhere. Users in the North American area may access the service through cable, exactly like Canadians.
Why do you need a VPN to watch CTV?
CTV is a geo-restricted service that can’t be watched directly from anywhere in the world without a VPN. If you want to watch CTV outside of Canada, you’ll need a VPN service that offers reliable Canadian servers.
The following error message will appear if you attempt to watch CTV from anywhere:
“We’re sorry, but this content is only available to people in Canada.”
With a premium VPN, your online activity and location can’t be tracked since your DNS and IP address are hidden, and you’re entirely elsewhere. In addition, you may use a VPN to access your favorite shows.
What Channels are included in the CTV App?
The following stations may be seen on the CTV app:
- CTV Drama Channel
- CTV Life Channel
- CTV 2
- CTV News Channel
- CTV Comedy Channel
- CTV Sci-fi Channel
- BNN Bloomberg
How To Watch CTV In USA?
CTV is a streaming service blocked in US due to geographical restrictions. With a VPN, you may unblock CTV in US and access its entire library of shows and movies. Remember that no payment is associated with using CTV since it is a free streaming service. The CTV app is free to download as well.
These are the simple steps you need to do to tune in to CTV in the States:
- Get yourself a VPN subscription.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Choose a server in Canada from the list provided.
- Go to CTV’s official website, create an account, and start watching online.
How to Watch CTV in Australia?
CTV is region locked, but if you’re in Australia and have a VPN, you can watch it just fine. Streaming content from CTV doesn’t need a membership since it’s free. Also, downloading the CTV app won’t cost you a dime. If you’re in Australia and want to watch CTV, you may by following these four simple steps:
- Download and install a VPN.
- Now, launch the VPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Get linked up with a server in Canada.
- Go on CTV’s website right now, and have fun!
How to Watch CTV in UK?
If you’re in the UK and want to watch CTV, you’ll need a VPN since it’s blocked there. To watch content on CTV, there is no need to pay a monthly fee or sign up for a membership. Also, there is no cost associated with downloading the CTV app. To get started with CTV in the UK, just do these four simple measures:
- Get a VPN by signing up for one and installing the app.
- Launch your preferred VPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Get linked up with a server in Canada.
- Now go to the CTV website and have fun!
What can I Watch on CTV Outside Canada?
CTV offers an incredible library of movies and series. Below is a list of some of the most watched shows and movies that are available to CTV subscribers:
- The Amazing Race Canada
- 9-1-1 Lone Star
- All Rise
- American Housewife
- B Positive
- Shark Tank
- Key and Peele
What devices support the CTV app?
CTV is available on practically all devices, including the CTV Go app for FireStick and platforms including the following popular devices:
- iOS Devices
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Devices
- Smart TV
- Windows 10
How do I download the CTV app on Android?
Follow these instructions to get the CTV app for Android:
- Invest in a reliable VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN app for Android.
- Join the Canadian server.
- Create a brand-new Google account and choose Canada as your location.
- Visit Google Play Store.
- Use the search box to find the CTV app and download it.
- Launch the app and tune in to CTV.
How do I download the CTV app on my iPhone?
These are the quick and easy instructions for getting the CTV app on your iPhone:
- Sign up with a trusted VPN service.
- Download the app for your iPhone.
- Connect to the Canada-based server.
- Go to the settings menu and choose to View Apple ID.
- Replace the current location with Canada.
- Just download the CTV app from the App Store.
- After you download the app, you’ll have free access to the CTV live stream for as long as you have the app installed.
How do I stream CTV on my smart TV?
Follow these instructions to stream CTV on smart TV:
- Download a premium VPN and install it.
- Link up with a server in Canada.
- Go to the admin of your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect the device to your VPN.
- To begin watching, create a free account and install the CTV app on your smart TV.
How to stream CTV on streaming devices?
If you want to watch CTV from anywhere, you must first set up the VPN app on your router since only a few streaming devices already have this functionality built in.
- Get yourself a subscription to a VPN provider with Canadian-optimized servers.
- Get a VPN client and set it up to work with your router.
- Connect to a Canadian server.
- Use an HDM cable to connect the gadget to your SmartTV.
- Turn on the TV.
- CTV may be accessed directly from the main screen’s menu.
- All you have to do is launch the app, and you can immediately start watching CTV.
How to Watch CTV Outside Canada with SmartDNS?
If you don’t want to use a VPN to access your CTV devices, a Smart DNS will do the trick. By masking your Internet service provider’s DNS address, a SmartDNS server unlocks regionally prohibited content.
- Go to the VPN’s main webpage.
- Choose a plan and subscribe to it.
- Click on My Account.
- Take note of the DNS address in the Streamer box.
- Access the PC’s Control Panel.
- Choose Network and Internet.
- Go to Network and Sharing, then Adapter Settings.
- Click Properties after selecting the Connected Network Adapter.
- Uncheck IPV4, followed by clicking Properties.
- Go to the menu labeled “General,” then fill in the required fields with your SmartDNS information.
- With one click, you may see content ordinarily unavailable in your country on the CTV website or mobile app.
CTV’s content is accessible without a login or registration. Going to the broadcaster’s website, clicking on a stream, and starting streaming is as easy as that.
Even though many free VPNs are available, we advise against using them. To begin with, not all of them have Canadian servers or access to CTV, and the ones that do usually have subpar speeds.
Using a VPN is entirely legal in any country across the world. In addition, you may use your VPN service in any way you see fit; it comes with no strings attached. You can use a VPN to watch CTV outside Canada to answer your question.
Unlike several other networks, CTV allows viewers to watch some content without a cable subscription. You’ll need a cable TV subscription to see certain shows, however.
There is no CTV app available for Roku. Due to Roku’s custom operating system, we are unable to sideload the CTV app. Still, Roku users may stream CTV as part of the Canada Entertainment channel.
CTV is the most watched private network in Canada, yet it is restricted to residents of that country. If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to watch CTV from anywhere. If you want to bypass CTV’s block, you’ll need a VPN service with robust Canadian servers.