It’s no secret now that Amazon Prime has the best lineup when it comes to thriller series, that keeps you at the edge of your seat with their jaw-dropping twists, and all the dark bloody fun. We bring you a list of the 10 best of these series, which range from gripping political thrillers to thrilling murder mysteries, and they will surely hook you right away.
The Family Man
An Indian spy thriller television series called The Family Man is available to stream on Amazon Prime Video. A middle-class man secretly serving as an intelligence agent for a fictionalized division of the National Investigation Agency is the center of the story. Both critics and viewers praised the writing and execution as well as the cast members’ performances. It eventually became the web series on Amazon Prime Video with the highest viewership.
- Writers: Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K.
- Cast: Manoj Bajpayee, Samantha Akkineni, Priyamani, Sharib Hashmi, Shreya Dhanwanthary, Sunny Hinduja, Darshan Kumaar.
- IMBD Rating: 8.7/10
Are you familiar with the feeling when you are traveling in a plane and all you get are brutal thoughts of what would happen if this plane crashes? What if I tell you that there is a whole group of investigators waiting for your plane to crash so they could examine how you survive on an island with 8 other girls without ample food supplies or another supplication? Well, the psychological thriller The Wilds follows the exact same storyline and definitely gives the viewers something to always be traumatized about whenever they travel by air.
- Writers: Sarah Streicher, Shalisha Francis, Danielle Paige, Jai Tiggett
- Cast: Sophia Ali, Reign Edwards, Shannon Berry, Jenna Clause, Mia Healey, Helena Howard, Erana James, Sarah Pidgeon, David Sullivan, Troy Winbush
- IMBD Rating: 7.3/10
The story revolves around a wealthy carpet exporter who is also a mafia don in Mirzapur, and his son, an unworthy and ambitious heir who will do anything to acquire his father’s fortune. He encounters an honorable lawyer and his sons as a result of a wedding procession. The fabric of this lawless city is threatened as it gains momentum into a game of ambition, power, and greed. Audiences responded favorably to the show when it debuted, but critics had conflicting opinions.
- Writers: Karan Anshuman
- Cast: Pankaj Tripathi, Shweta Tripathi, Divyendu Sharma, Ali Fazal, Vikrant Massey, Shriya Pilgaonkar, Rasika Dugal, Harshita Gaur, and Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Vijay Varma, Isha Talwar, Lilliput, Anjum Sharma, Priyanshu Painyuli, Anangsha Biswas and Neha Sargam.
- IMBD Rating: 8.5/10
One of the few crime thrillers with little blood is Inside Edge. The show focuses primarily on cricket corruption and illustrates how, at times, survival requires dishonesty! It has interesting additions and clever writing, like play-by-play from inside matches or an explanation of what happens when someone takes a catch. This series is a fantastic way to breathe new life into a sport that would otherwise be boring without using gratuitous blood or other violent scenes that would detract from the suspenseful atmosphere.
- Writers: Karan Anshuman
- Cast: Vivek Oberoi, Richa Chada, Siddhant Chaturvedi, Tanuj Virwani, Angad Bedi, Sayani Gupta, Aamir Bashir, and Sapna Pabbi, as well as Manu Rishi, Amit Sial, Karan Oberoi, and Asha Saini.
- IMBD Rating: 8/10
The medicinal crime drama depicts incidents that take place at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and the journalist’s attempts to cover them all. This suspenseful story examines the lives of regular men who encounter extraordinary situations. Unusual Crime Branch officer pieces together the deaths of organ donors that appear unrelated, and this leads him to an unlikely suspect. The officer becomes committed to doing whatever it takes to solve the case and bring the victims’ families justice.
- Writers: Maank Sharma, Abhijeet Deshpande
- Cast: R. Madhavan, Amit Sadh, Hrishikesh Joshi, Sapna Pabbi, Atharva Vishwakarma, and Neena Kulkarni
- IMBD Rating: 8.3/10
Mumbai Diaries 26/11
It is set during the 2008 Mumbai attacks and follows the struggles of the staff of the Bombay General Hospital on the heartbreaking night of November 26, 2008. Mumbai Diaries is a brand-new Hindi suspense thriller web series available on Amazon Prime. The hospital’s emergency room serves as the setting. It follows medical professionals and first emergency workers as they deal with serious crises all over the city, handling cases and saving people’s lives while also attempting to maintain their sanity. If you haven’t seen it yet, it would be best to wait to continue reading until you have finished watching because its heartwarming tale will capture your attention immediately.
- Writers: Sanyukta Chawla Sheikh
- Cast: Konkona Sen Sharma, Mohit Raina, Tina Desai, Shreya Dhanwanthary, Satyajeet Dubey, Natasha Bharadwaj, Mrunmayee, and others.
- IMBD Rating: 8.7/10
Hindi crime thriller Pataal Lok is available on Prime. In this story, the main character, a police officer from a crime drama, gets the case when four culprits are apprehended following a journalist’s assassination attempt. This directs him to “Paatal Lok,” where he finds shocking revelations about each person’s past before their arrest for what was believed to be a routine job.
- Writers: Sudip Sharma
- Cast: Jaideep Ahlawat, Niharika Lyra Dutt, Neeraj Kabi, Swastika Mukherjee, Ishwak Singh, Gul Panag, Jagjeet Sandhu.
- IMBD Rating: 8/10
Nine Perfect Strangers
Nine strained urban residents attempt to find a path to a better way of life. the tv series is based on Liane Moriarty’s #1 New York Times bestseller. The action takes place at a boutique health and wellness luxury hotel that promises recovery and transformation. The director of the resort is looking after them throughout that 10-day retreat, which reenergizes their worn-out bodies and minds. These nine “perfect” strangers aren’t prepared for what is about to happen, though.
- Writers: David E. Kelley
- Cast: Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy, Michael Shannon, Luke Evans , Asher Keddie, Samara Weaving, Melvin Gregg, Tiffany Boone
- IMBD Rating: 7/10
The Last Hour
A police officer transferred to the northeast from Mumbai is given a case. A Bengali actress is murdered after being brutally raped. We see a lot of locals fleeing for their lives during the investigation. Also, present in the plot is an archer who can be seen in the wilderness shooting arrows. Dev has the ability to communicate with the deceased’s soul and relive their final moments. For the purpose of resolving local homicides, the policeman and the archer collaborate. The archer, however, always manages to use his Sorcerer’s ability to discover something more than is necessary. Additionally, he develops feelings for the policeman’s daughter.
- Writers: Anupama Minz and Amit Kumar
- Cast: Sanjay Kapoor, Karma Takapa, Shaylee Krishen, Raima Sen, Mandakini Goswami, Noksha Saham, and Shahana
- IMBD Rating: 7.2/10
Treadstone investigates the beginnings and current activities of a fictitious CIA black-ops program called Operation Treadstone, a clandestine program that transforms recruits into assassins who are almost superhuman in strength. As they are mysteriously “awakened” to carry out their dangerous missions, the series follows sleeper agents as they travel the world. In order for these assassins to effectively kill targets anywhere in the world, the program destroys their personalities, wipes away their memories, and strips them of their morals. It investigates the legacy of Treadstone, one of the program’s agents who eluded his Soviet captors. After a tense moment, the narrative cuts to the present and follows assets as they are forcibly “activated” or awakened.
- Writers: Robert Ludlum, Tim Kring, Patrick Aison, Marc Bernardin, Tyler Hisel, Dave Kalstein
- Cast: Jeremy Irvine, Brian J., Omar Metwally, Matt Edwards, Han Hyo-Joo, SoYun Pak, Tracy Ifeachor, Tara Coleman
- IMBD Rating: 6.9/10